ALA divisions, offices, and units provide various webinars through the eLearning portal. While most webinars are free, it is important that you reserve your slot as soon as possible as space is limited. You can also find webinars on diversity.
Curated Webinar Series
Starting with the 2019 fiscal year (September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019), the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services will host a curated series of webinars on issues central to the Office's mission -- at the intersection of social justice; equity, diversity, and inclusion; literacy; and outreach. The focus for FY2019 will be literacy as a social justice issue. This includes equity in literacy, access to literacy, and multiple literacies. We will host these webinars quarterly and issue a call for presenters, but please contact ODLOS at any time if you have a webinar to propose for this series.
Open Call - Facilitate a Webinar
Interested parties can submit a proposal for a webinar using the online submissions form. A successful online webinar proposal should:
- Name all presenters with relevant presentation experience
- Provide a 250-word description, including how the webinar will address the priorities and target populations of the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services (ODLOS)
- Be aligned with ALA's guidelines, standards and competencies for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Fit within 60 minutes, including time for Questions and Answers
- Provide learning outcomes that will advance services to our target populations and/or address issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion
You can learn more about the content ODLOS is seeking by visiting the webinar guidelines.
ODLOS Webinar Archive
American Library Association
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
1-800-545-2433 ext. 4294