Curated Webinar Series - Literacy as a Social Justice Issue
Starting in 2019, the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services will host a curated series of webinars on issues central to the Office's mission -- at the intersection of social justice; equity, diversity, and inclusion; literacy; and outreach. The focus for 2019 will be literacy as a social justice issue. This could include equity in literacy, access to literacy for traditionally underserved populations, and multiple literacies. If you are interested in presenting a webinar as part of this series, please submit a proposal through our online form. We will host these webinars quarterly, with the following schedule (subject to change):
- Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Presentation: February 2019
- Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Presentation: May 2019
- Deadline: June 1, 2019
- Presentation: July or August 2019
- Deadline: September 1, 2019
- Presentation: October or November 2019
Open Call - Webinars on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Literacy, and/or Outreach
A successful webinar proposal should:
- Name all presenters with relevant presentation experience
- Provide a 250-word description, including how the webinar will address the priorities and target populations of the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services (ODLOS)
- Be aligned with ALA's guidelines, standards and competencies for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Fit within 60 minutes, including time for Questions and Answers
- Provide learning outcomes that will advance services to our target populations and/or address issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion
For more information about our priorities, please see the ODLOS mission and frameworks.
To submit a webinar proposal as part of the curated series or for our open call, please use the online form.
ODLOS Webinar Archive
American Library Association
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
1-800-545-2433 ext. 4294