ODLOS supports literacy across the lifespan through a variety of resources and initiatives supporting family literacy, adult literacy, English language learners, and more.
- ALA Literacy Clearinghouse, a website bringing together literacy resources from across ALA
- Adult Literacy through Libraries, an initiative by ProLiteracy and ODLOS
- American Dream Literacy Initiative, a grant program to help libraries improve services for adult English language learners, funded by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- ALA Family Literacy Focus, an initiative of 2010-11 ALA President Camila Alire
- Booklists - Diverse booklists provided by the American Library Association and its ethnic affiliates.
- DigitalLearn.org, an initiative from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Public Library Association
- Teen Book Finder, a collaboration between ODLOS and YALSA to highlight award-winning books for teens. Book featured include Coretta Scott King Book Awards, Stonewall Book Awards, AILA Book Awards, and APALA Book Awards.
National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week raises public awareness about the need and value of adult education and family literacy in order to leverage resources to support access to basic education programs for the 36 million U.S. adults with low literacy skills. Advocates across the country use this opportunity to elevate adult education and family literacy nationwide with policymakers, the media, and the community.
In 2018, National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week was September 23 – 39. Learn more about participating.