ALA Sponsored Tour to Cuba, March 3–10, 2018
Vamos a Cuba! Join the ALA-sponsored tour of Cuba on March 3–10, 2018. The Tour will include visits to UNESCO historical sites in Havana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad, along with interactions with Cuban artists, musicians, and writers, and much more. The deadline to sign up is October 20, and the trip is limited to 30 people.
Authentic Cuba Tours is able to offer U.S. librarians this eight day study tour to Cuba because of a rare political opening in U.S. policy that allows professionals and educational groups to go to Cuba legally as part of Cuba study tours. Do not miss this unique chance! Reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis . This trip will be limited to a maximum of 30 people.
View itinerary - (PDF format, itinerary is subject to change). Please click on the "BOOK " button on the PDF file to begin your reservation.
A $300 non-refundable per person deposit would be required to secure hotels and flights. Balance would be due 60 days prior to departure.
Ground tour cost per person in a group (maximum 30 people): $2,899 USD**
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy. All taxes included.
Single Room Supplement (optional): $900 USD
(**Flights from your state to Miami are not included)
- 4 nights at Hotel Melia Cohiba or similar with breakfast included.
- 3 nights at Jagua Hotel with breakfast and dinner included.
- 16 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 3 dinners included.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation and professional driver.
- All activities, speakers, meetings and meals as described in itinerary except those noted as "optional" or "not included in cost."
- An expert Cuban English speaking guide and translator throughout the program, together with ongoing support from Authentic Cuba Travel' staff in Cuba and Canada.
- Official Asistur Cuban health insurance coverage.
Services NOT Included:
- Activities listed as "optional" or "not included in cost" in itinerary.
- International airfare to and from Cuba.
- Gratuities for Cuban tour guide, bus driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters, etc.
- Cuban airport departure tax of 25.00 Cuban convertible pesos.
- Optional travel interruption and cancelation insurance.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Step 1: Go to the Authentic Cuba Travel site
Step 2: Create an account. Click on 'Create New'.
Step 3: Log into the account you just created to start a booking form (it is a button you push once you've logged into your account)
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Authentic Cuba Travel - (Bella Travel Group Ltd. | Hello Cuba Travel | Cuba Study Tours) is a full service travel agency based in Toronto, Canada that organizes cultural, educational and adventure tours for schools, NGOs, business and community groups.