If you know which unit or staff member you'd like to reach, the staff list provides contact information.
American Library Association (Google Map)
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2795
Telephone: Toll free 800-545-2433 | Direct line 312-944-6780 | Fax 312-440-9374
Membership & Customer Service (MACS)
- Learn about the benefits of joining ALA.
- Join, renew, rejoin or add to your membership (login required)
- To resolve problems with your membership or a registration,
- E-mail Member and Customer Service or
- Call Member and Customer Service at 1-800-545-2433, press 5 (International members should call +1-312-944-6780) or
- Send a fax to MACS at 1-312-944-2641.
Ask the ALA Library
- For general questions, and especially library related questions, e-mail the ALA Library. See about the ALA Library for more information. The ALA Library Blog offers questions and answers provided by the staff of the ALA Library.
Locations, Directions, Business Hours & Staff List
To learn more about the key issues facing America’s libraries and librarians and to talk to an ALA spokesperson, please contact:
Deputy Director, Communications and Marketing Office
Steve Zalusky, Communications Specialist, Communications and Marketing Office
Assoc. Director of Communications, ALA Washington Office
ALA Social Media Channels
Find social media channels for ALA events, initiatives, divisions offices and affiliates.
Donating to ALA
- Information: Why support ALA; Ways to give to ALA; Supporting one of ALA's units
- Form for donating to ALA and/or the units
Purchasing, Subscriptions, Marketing & Permissions
- Purchase ALA Graphics or ALA Editions products (offsite link, opens in new window).
- Subscribe to Booklist .
- To resolve problems with a subscription or purchase, e-mail Member and Customer Service or call them at 1-800-545-2433, press 5.
- Get a new book reviewed in Booklist.
- Market your product or service with ALA.
- Obtain rights or permissions to use our materials.