The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Implementation Working Group (EDI-IWG) hosted a program at the 2017 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, IL. The program was titled, "Where there is thunder, there is lightning: EDI and Change in Libraries."
The program featured lightning talks on equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives from a broad range of libraries. Presenters had 5 minutes to share their successes and failures with initiatives designed to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in their libraries.
A recording of this program is available. Full conference registrants can access the recording for free through the Conference Scheduler.
Directions to view recording:
- Choose the Video button on the session page
- Login using the same username and password used to register for the 2017 ALA Annual Conference (Should match your ALA website login)*
- If anyone cannot remember their login information, they are instructed to request a reset email using the link on the login page. If they continue to have any issues, they are instructed to call ALA Customer Service, 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5. MACS may have a surge of call asking for login help.
For the first time, recordings will be available for purchase by anyone that was not a full conference registrant. It will cost $99.00 for access to all the available recordings and resources from the conference. The process is simple, the purchaser just has to login via the ALA site and is redirected to the purchasing site, once purchased they can access the recordings through the scheduler.
If you experiences technical difficulties, not related to your log-in or registration, please direct them to contact CadmiumCD at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 638-9239.
- Born from a Storm: Creating a Living Archive to Affect Social Issues in Your Community by Tamara Rhodes, Cristela Garcia-Spitz, Rachel Myers, Gayatri Singh, and Alanna Aiko Moore
- Exploring Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Online Library Instruction: The Design for Learning Program by Dr. Loriene Roy and Arden Kirkland
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ Inclusion in the Library of Congress by Nicholas Alexander Brown
- Reach Out and Welcom: A Success Story by Andrew Harant