Thank you for your interest in the American Library Association. The Association is working across all sectors of society to help advance our mission. We apply our eight key action areas to identify which relationships best align with our organizational core values, mission and highest priorities. For any private engagement, we ensure the project will deliver clear benefits to libraries with measurable outcomes and have a direct connection to ALA’s strategic priorities. ALA will not engage in opportunities or accept gifts that come from companies or company foundations that are not recognized as a good corporate citizen.
Funded partnerships, grants, sponsorship, and contributions are important sources of support for ALA and enable the work that we do to provide resources to libraries across the country.
- ALA selects projects that are most beneficial to our members and all library staff members and trustees.
- Your business or idea must align with ALA’s mission and key action areas.
- Our partnerships with non-profit organizations tend to involve the cross-promotion of our programs or initiatives.
- Our partners are making a contribution to support our mission, and as such they are not entitled to access our communication channels to promote products or services or receive free advertisement (as that term is defined by the Internal Revenue Code [IRC] or Internal Revenue Service [IRS] rules and regulations) in ALA’s publications to members.
- Because our resources are limited and focused on serving our mission, your partnership must not require extensive assistance from ALA staff or ALA members.
- ALA does not link to web sites other than those of our formal partners.
- ALA does not endorse individual organizations, products or services.
- Businesses or organizations interested in mailing list rental are encouraged to contact Maribeth Chapman, ALA’s Technical Services Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 280-2460.
If, after you have reviewed the form, you determine that a sponsored partnership is not the right vehicle, please consider one of the other Marketing & Advertising Opportunities.
After you have submitted the form, a small administrative team shares your program proposal with the appropriate unit or units. This is the first step to planning a meeting to discuss ways to work together.
For specific inquiries to the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC), please complete their Request for Corporate Sponsorship Form.
For specific inquiries to the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), please complete their Request for Strategic Partnership Form.