Displaying active committee roster as of 02/22/2018. Last retrieved on 02/22/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- ALA Literacy Clearinghouse, a website bringing together literacy efforts from across ALA and its divisions
- Adult Literacy through Libraries, a report from ProLiteracy and ODLOS
- The American Dream Literacy Initiative, a grant initiative geared to improve library services to English language learners, funded by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- ALA Family Literacy Focus, an initiative of 2010-11 ALA President Camila Alire
- DigitalLearn.org, an initiative from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Public Library Association
The Committee on Literacy consists of 10 members appointed by the Committee on Appointments, in cooperation with the ALA president-elect, serving 2 year staggered terms and led by a chair, appointed annually.