Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2020. Last retrieved on 11/25/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- ALA Standards for Library & Information Studies Education
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
- Congresses on Professional Education
- Core Competences of Librarianship
- Foreign Credentialing Task Force Report
- Library Education Discussion Group
- Library & Information Studies Human Resource Utilization (LISHRU) Policy
- Library School Closings Task Force Report
- Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC) Program
- Resources for members of ODLOS-Liaised Committees
The Committee on Education consists of nine members appointed from the membership at large serving two year staggered terms and led by chair, serving a one year term.
Library Education Assembly
This Assembly is charged to provide within ALA an opportunity for broad representation of the membership and for affiliated groups to exchange information, share ideas, and express concerns pertaining to education for library service with a view toward assisting the committee on education in carrying out its charge. Representatives are appointed by ALA units and affiliates with education-related concerns; other library education groups and all members of the ALA Committee on Education are also included. Meetings are held each midwinter and Annual Conference. NOTE: As an assembly to a Council committee, the education assembly acts in an advisory capacity, reviewing documents and issues, representing unit and committee interests and reporting back to its respective units and committees.