To assist the ALA Executive Board and the Budget Analysis and Review Committee (BARC), there shall be a Planning and Budget Assembly which shall consist of one representative of each division, ALA committee, round table, and five councilors-at-large and five councilors from chapters.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2016. Last retrieved on 01/18/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Group Discussions at PBA - Strategic Directions Overview
- 2017 PBA Meeting
- ALA Financials
- 2017 Midwinter PBA Meeting--Document
- PBA 2017 MW Meeting Agenda
- PBA Meeting Invitation (June 26th) from ALA Pres.-Elect Julie Todaro
- PBA agenda
- PBA Agenda - ALA 2016 Midwinter & Note from the ALA CFO
- PBA 2016 Midwinter Meeting Invitation
- BARC Report - Information SessionAC15
To assist the ALA Executive Board and the Budget Analysis and Review Committee (BARC), there shall be a Planning and Budget Assembly (PBA) which shall consist of one representative of each division, ALA committee, round table, and five councilors-at-large and five councilors from chapters. The representatives of divisions, committees, and round tables, shall be designated annually by each group; the Council representatives shall be elected by the Council for two-year staggered terms, none to extend beyond the regularly elected term on Council, from nominations submitted by the Council Committee on Committees. Additional nominations for the councilor members of the Planning and Budget Assembly may be made from the floor. The duties of the Planning and Budget Assembly are to study the budget and planning documents submitted by the ALA Executive Board, raise questions concerning them, and offer suggestions to the ALA Executive Board and Budget Analysis and Review Committee.
As an elected or appointed representative to PBA your duties are:
- Attend PBA meetings. PBA meetings (at the Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference) will be held on Sunday, 1:00 – 2:30 PM.
- Review carefully the ALA budget presentations/reports given by the ALA Treasurer and the BARC chair to Council and to the Executive Board.
- Come prepared to discuss these documents and other Executive Board planning documents. Your feedback and ideas give member input into the Executive Board planning process.