The Buenos Aires Book Fair and the American Library Association invites up to 25 ALA members to attend the 2020 Buenos Aires Book Fair, April 28 - 30, 2020. Each April, more than one million readers from all over Latin America visit the premises and take part of the thousand-plus literary events we organize.
During the three professional days, more than 12,000 professionals –publishers, distributors, booksellers, literary agents, translators, illustrators, graphic designers and printers, educators and librarians– gather for four days of intense training and business around the Latin American publishing industry.
The Buenos Aires Book Fair Free Pass Program provides:
- Free registration to the Fair, including the professional days (April 28-30, 2020)
- 4 night hotel stay (six nights, if you share with a colleague who is also part of the program)
- Book fair bag with information from publishers, public transportation options, etc
- Invitation to Welcome reception.
- Invitation to the Official opening ceremony.
- "Bibliotecario amigo" discounts with participating publishers
- Internet/wifi access in business center with meeting tables
- Free shipping with DHL for the first 50 kilos shipped to the United States
- Free metro pass, free internet access all over exhibit hall)
- Participation in ABGRA (Asociación de Bibliotecarios Graduados de la República de Argentina) meetings
To apply before the February 21, 2020 deadline, please fill out the ALA Free Pass Program application form (Word document).
For more information or to apply for the Buenos Aires Free Pass program, please contact the ALA International Relations Office, firstname.lastname@example.org