You can make a difference by actively sharing why you're supporting ALA's year-end giving campaign and encouraging others to donate.
Get started now! Use the suggested social media posts and images below. Or get creative and customize them to make them your own.
To Promote the Annual Fund:
1. Announce your participation in #GiveALA on your social media channels.
2. Tag your colleagues and friends and encourage them to donate. Donors are three times more likely to donate when asked by a friend or colleague.
5. What's your #GiveALA Story? Share why you're choosing to support the #giveALA campaign on social media (video, image, or unselfie).
Social Media Graphics
Twitter/Facebook Sample Posts
- Did you know the American Library Association provides support to library workers across the country dealing with censorship issues? To support the freedom to read, go to ala.org/donate
- Nearly 100% of public libraries provide Wi-Fi and free access to computers. To support equal access for all, go to ala.org/donate
- Academic libraries benefit everyone on campus, but receive fewer than two cents of every dollar spent on higher education. To support academic libraries across the country, go to ala.org/donate
- Students in high-poverty schools are almost TWICE as likely to graduate when the school library is staffed with a certified school librarian. To support school libraries, go to ala.org/donate
- I support/donate to the American Library Association because it advocates for ALL libraries, from public to rural, tribal, academic, and school. #giveALA
- I support/donate to the American Library Association because it speaks up to ensure everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, or income, has equal access to resources. #giveALA
- I support/donate to the American Library Association because it is a fearless defender of intellectual freedom. #giveALA
- I’m a member of the [ROUND TABLE NAME] because I believe in [ROUND TABLE FOCUS]. Donate today to be a part of this work! #giveALA
Remember! Always use the official #GiveALA hashtag and link to the ALA donation page (http://ala.org/donate).
Mention ALA in your posts so we can thank you and share!