The American Library Association (ALA) is excited to announce its first ALA Virtual Event: Community Through Connection, an online event that will offer educational programming, special author events, and social networking on June 24-26, 2020. ALA looks forward to this unique opportunity for members and library supporters to stay connected as we move forward to empower our profession and support our communities.
Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements on event format, content, and additional details. The library community is encouraged to "meet" us online as we learn, grow, and most importantly, lean on our fellow librarians and library workers as we adapt and evolve in these changing times.
Please Note: Registration will close on Wednesday, June 17, 2020, Noon Central.
For those who opted to transfer their 2020 ALA Annual Conference registration to the virtual event, your
registration for ALA Virtual is complete and you don't have to do anything! A confirmation will be sent after
ALA Virtual - Community Through Connection
An online event with educational programming, special author events, and social networking.
- educational sessions available in an on-demand format
- notable featured speakers
- COVID-19 information for libraries
- live chats with authors
- live-streamed presentations
- a virtual Exhibit Hall
- networking opportunities with peers via social activities
Program schedule is now available! - Discover and Learn More about Sessions and Events
- View all programs by browsing or searching.
- Terms you can use to filter your search include: subject, library type, date, and time.
- Click on any listing for more information on that item
- Check back often for updates and additions.
For additional information about the ALA 2020 Annual Conference, please return to the main conference page: https://2020.alavirtualevent.org/
Ways to stay in touch and get updates include following our hashtag #alavirtual20 and social media: Instagram, ALA Twitter, and ALA Facebook.