The American Library Association (ALA) is now providing members a common virtual space to engage in ALA business and network with other members around issues and interests relevant to the profession. Every group in ALA Connect will have the ability to use the following tools:
• Posts (which are like blog posts)
• Online docs (which are like collaborative, wiki-like pages or Google Docs)
• Group calendar (for listing meetings, deadlines, etc.)
• Surveys (for asking multiple questions at once)
• Polls (for asking a single question)
• Chat room (text-based, including the ability to save a transcript of the discussion)
• Discussion forums (also known as “bulletin boards”)
For all social media related to ALA, see Official ALA Social Media Channels.
The ALA Student Chapter page facilitates communication and assistance among the student chapters and ALA.
The American Library Association Student to Staff Participants group on Facebook is a closed group comprised of the most current participants in the Student to Staff Program.
ALA Chapters on Facebook promotes communication and assistance among ALA and the ALA Chapters and Student Chapters.
If your association is not in the lists below, send Twitter username to email@example.com.
The ALA Chapter Relations Office on Twitter promotes communication and assistance among ALA and the ALA Chapters and Student Chapters.
To subscribe to ALA e-lists, or visit the e-list archives, visit the ALA Mailing Lists Service (SYMPA).
Send comments and questions regarding this page to Don Wood, Chapter Relations Office.