Empowering 21st Century Learners: P21 Framework and AASL Learning Standards
Get ready to infuse 21st century skills into your curriculum through a special one-day institute developed to help you understand how the AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner, and the framework of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21) align to make it easier for you to integrate into your school or district's current and future practices.
During the institute key questions will be explored including:
- What is the difference between P21 Framework and the AASL Learning Standards
- How are the Standards for the 21st-Century Learner aligned with the P21 Framework
- What skills will students need in the future?
- How will the Standards for the 21st-Century Learner empower students to address the world they will face?
Potential for Credit
Although AASL does not offer credit to licensed institute participants, host organizations are encouraged to use the following information and ideas to arrange credit through appropriate credit-granting institutions.
- 8 hours of content
- Additional possibilities to meet time requirements for credit:
- Writing an extended evaluation
- Writing response to three articles
- Submitting a completed personal action plan
Hosting an AASL Licensed Institute
AASL licenses this licensed institute to organizations. The licensee pays AASL a licensing fee for a one-time presentation of the institute. AASL supplies the presenter(s) and content; the licensee sets its own registration fee and is responsible for all local planning, logistics and publicity.* View the licensing terms.
Interested in hosting this licensed institute? For complete details on available dates, program outline and license agreement contact:
Manager, Professional Development
American Association of School Librarians
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
*Note: Presenter(s) and specific content may vary by date and site. AASL provides a handout master as a PDF file on CD-ROM, which the licensee is required to reproduce in hardcopy for its audience.