The support you need to make your case
The decision to attend the AASL 2012 Fall Forum may not be entirely yours. We've put together general information, tips, worksheets, and approval letter templates to help you show your supervisor the value of attending the AASL 2012 Fall Forum.
The Value of the AASL 2012 Fall Forum
At the Fall Forum, you have the benefit of learning and networking in an intimate environment. You will learn not only from the facilitators, but from your peers as you participate in group activities and discussion on a focused topic. In 2012, the topic is Transliteracy and the School Library Program. You will leave, not only with a better understanding of the school library program and the school librarian’s place in transliteracy, but with strategies for integrating transliteracy skills into subject areas across the curriculum. You will be able to return to your program and create opportunities for students and classroom teachers to engage in the participatory online environment through the library program.
Participants will receive more than 12 hours of in-depth learning and sharing for the AASL personal member rate of only $289 ($404 for nonmembers) if you register on or before September 12. Participants get all of that knowledge and peer-to-peer networking in just a day and a half – meaning fewer days out of the office, lower travel costs, and immediate results.
Are the AASL Fall Forum Satellite Sites in California, Pennsylvania, or Texas closer to home? Consider less expense by travelling to one of these sites, instead.
- Keynote speaker and lead facilitator: Henry Jenkins
- Presentations & Breakout Discussions by Kristin Fontichiaro and David Lankes
- Institute handbook complete with presentations and worksheets
- Access to recordings from the Fall Forum for 90 days
- Access to Social Networking/Virtual Content website
- Meals, including a Friday afternoon break, Saturday breakfast and lunch and two breaks
- Complimentary airport shuttle to & from the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
- Complimentary guest room internet (daily)
Visit the links below to find these helpful resources.