NCATE Coordinating Committee
Chair: Mary Berry
To work with AASL and the ALA Office of Accreditation (OA) staff to coordinate the responsibilities associated with ALA's participation in the NCATE accreditation process.
- Work with the ALA Office of Accreditation (OA) to develop and deliver information meetings about the NCATE process at the ALA Midwinter Meetings and Annual Conferences.
- Work with OA to deliver training in program review at the ALA Midwinter Meetings and Annual Conferences.
- Develop informational materials in print and electronic formats about the NCATE process for distribution.
- Recruit individuals to serve as program reviewers.
- Encourage programs in NCATE schools to submit to the program review process.
- Act as liaison to other ALA bodies with an interest in accreditation of library programs.
- Recommend individuals qualified to serve in various NCATE positions to the AASL Board of Directors.
For more information on the Minimum Intended Outcomes for this committee, consult the Committee Chair Handbook