Bylaws & Organization Committee
Chair: Rebecca Pasco
Staff liaison: Jonna Ashley
To review, revise, amend, and draft Bylaws for the association; to evaluate all present and proposed committee charge and function statements; to review and make recommendations on all association policies for inclusion in an official AASL Organization Handbook.
- Review all requests for bylaws changes and make recommendations to the AASL Board for appropriate action, taking into account association history and ALA requirements.
- Review all requests for new committees and task forces to clarify charge and function statements, type of committee, committee composition, size and terms in relation to responsibility, and relationship to existing committees; make recommendations to the AASL Board for acceptance, changes, or non-approval (with rationale).
- Review committee or task force requests for change in status and make recommendationis to the AASL Board for acceptance, changes, or non-approval (with rationale).
- Evaluate all present committees on a three-year schedule for accurate and clear charge and function statements, appropriate size, and continued relevance.
- Review and make recommendations on proposed and revised AASL policy statements.
- Work with AASL Office to maintain an up-to-date AASL Policy and Procedures Handbook and accruate description forms for all committees and other working groups.
For more information on the Minimum Intended Outcomes for this committee, consult the Committee Chair Handbook