Chair: Carl Harvey
Board liaison: Eileen Kern
To plan, coordinate and execute the 65th Anniversary Celebration endowment campaign.
The committee will be divided into three sub-groups to address the following gift areas:
- $6,500 + (include AASL LIFE members, vendor partners or organizations)
- This group will require personal (in-person/phone) conversations /asks as well as the development of a strategic list of potential donors.
- $650 (include long time members and small vendor supporters)
- This group will consider a more personal communication plan and some individual communications as well as follow-up messaging.
- $65 or less (includes newer members, student members, etc.)
- This group will focus more on the promotion/communication plan that personal reach-outs. Will need a 12-18 month communication plan.
Chair: Jeffrey Discala
Board liaisons: Robbie Nickel
To develop a proposal for a structure that will support the development of a community of scholars in the school library research field, or scholars ancillary connected to school library research.
Identify the communities, or groups, that would fall under this structure
Define the purpose of this community of scholars
Define the needs of this community of scholars
Develop a structure that would be able to house and maintain the community of scholars
Recommend next steps to ensure this newly developed group is able to be maintained.
Chair: Debra Kachel
Board liaison: Craig Seasholes
To assist AASL in identifying three professional organizations in which AASL could have the greatest impact (i.e., has tremendous impact of overall education environment and/or school librarian role; has a structure and connection that lends itself to working with AASL).
Draft a scoring rubric to evaluation external professional organizations against (to include such items as impact within K-12 education, impact of school librarian role in K-12 education, collaborative opportunities with AASL, history of partnerships, etc.).
Gather, with assistance from AASL Board and headquarters, a list of organizations to be scored. (There is a list that was started with L4L)
Gather necessary information from each organization to complete a rubric.
Submit final report to AASL Board of Directors with recommendations.
Co-Chair: Ann Martin
Staff liaison: Allison Cline
Board liaison: Leslie Preddy
To implement Presidential Initiatives.