Leadership Development Committee
To provide recommendations on furthering leadership development of AASL members within the division and within ALA.
- To provide recommendations for AASL and ALA committee and leadership positions.
- To make suggestions on leadership recruitment, retention, and recognition.
- To make recommendations on member leadership training opportunities.
- To be responsible for implementing the nominations process that identifies members for leadership positions.
- To present recommendations for at least two candidates for each office to be filled at the next election.
- To select the candidates in such a manner as to assure as broad a representation as possible of different types and sizes of school libraries, and geographic distribution of membership.
For more information on the Minimum Intended Outcomes for this committee, consult the Committee Chair Handbook