Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research
The Library Research Round Table of the American Library Association announces the Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research for 2008. The deadline for submitting entries is Thursday, January 31, 2008. The LRRT Shera Award Committee will judge the entries for the competition. The decision of the Committee will be announced by the LRRT Steering Committee Chair, prior to Annual Conference.
- All entries must be research articles published in English during the calendar year.
- Articles may be nominated by any member of LRRT or by the editors of research journals in the field of library and information studies. No one may nominate more than two articles.
- All nominated articles must relate in at least a general way to library and information studies. Any research method is acceptable.
- Authors of nominated articles need not be LRRT members.
- Articles by joint investigators are eligible, as are articles generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding.
- Research articles will be judged on the following points:
- Definition of the research problem;
- Application of research methods;
- Clarity of the reporting of the research;
- Significance of the conclusions, as judged by the Committee.
- The Committee reserves the right to give no award.
- The author(s) of the winning article will receive a Certificate.
Individuals wishing to nominate research articles for this award should send FOUR (4) copies of each article, together with a cover letter stating that he/she is a current member of LRRT or that he/she is acting in his/her role as journal editor, postmarked no later than Thursday, January 31, 2008 to:
Debbie Rabina, Ph.D,View list of previous Shera winners
Pratt Institute, School of Information and Library Science
144 West 14th Street, 6th fl.
New York, NY, 10011-7301