First Step Award
A Wiley Professional Development Grant
Deadeline for nominations is December 1.
PurposeThis Wiley Professional Development Grant is intended to provide librarians new to the serials field with the opportunity to broaden their perspective and to encourage professional development in ALA Conference and participation in Serials Section activities. The $1,500, donated by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., cash award is applicable toward round trip transportation, lodging, registration fees, etc. Eligible applicants may apply more than once.
Application ProcessCompleted applications shall be sent to the chair of the award committee by the deadline. Each application shall include:
- Candidate's current resume or vita and
- Two letters of reference.
Criteria for Selection
- Commitment to professional development in the serials field as evidenced by participation in continuing education activities, workshops, previous participation in professional activities,
- Candidate's written justification for the grant in terms of commitment to and interest in serials related work,
- personal and professional development, and
- financial need.
For nomination information contact the Chair of the First Step Award Jury.
|2006||Patrick L. Carr|
|2001||Allen B. Ashman|
|1999||Charity K. Stokes|
|1998||Lauren E. Corbett|
|1997||Linda M. Pitts|
|1996||Corinne C. Jacox|
|1994||H. Charlene Chou|